Find Bosun Jobs
A Bosun has plenty of experience working on the deck of the yacht, having previously served as a Deckhand.
It is their job to manage the deckhands, ensuring that tasks and responsibilities are divided equally amongst the deck crew on a daily basis. For this reason, they must be in regular communication with the ship’s officers and have a complete understanding of deck operations.
Yacht’s must undergo regular cleaning and maintenance, and it is up to the Bosun and their team of deckhands to ensure this vital work is completed to a high standard.
- Manage and delegate tasks amongst Deckhands
- Drive tenders when required
- Undertake bridge watch whilst at sea
- Keep the exterior of the ship clean and well maintained
- Painting, stripping, varnishing, waxing, and polishing of the ship
- Maintain all jet skis, toys and tenders
- Necessary qualifications
- Good experience with all deck procedures and operations
- Ability to drive tenders
- A can-do, positive attitude with a strong work ethic
- General seafaring experience and skills
How much does a Bosun earn?
Depending on their levels of experience and the yacht in question, Bosun’s can expect to earn around 4000 EUR a month.
A Bosun is an unlicensed position which would not require a commercial license. However, most Bosuns are expected to have a Yachtmaster Offshore or Yachtmaster Ocean, whilst working towards an Officer of the Watch 3000GT license. Depending on the requirements of the specific role, they may also be expected to have a Powerboat Level II certificate, PWC certificate, or instructor certificate.
Access our exclusive database
Join our exclusive network of leading candidates and gain access to the best opportunities in the industry. We personally check every profile and every job, ensuring a high quality database for both crew and yacht owners.