Find Yacht Chef Jobs
The Head Chef on a yacht is equally adept at organising provisions as they are at using all of their technical skills and knowledge to plan and prepare delicious meals for the guests and crew.
The Head Chef either leads the galley crew on larger vessels, or on smaller yachts they may be the sole chef onboard. Either way, they need to be able to cater for guest’s dietary requirements, plan and order ingredients, and put procedures in place for food safety.
Despite the hard work involved, the role is exceptionally rewarding. Food plays such a huge role in determining experiences and, as such, the chef has the opportunity to significantly impact the enjoyment of the guests with true culinary delights.
- Food planning and preparation for guests and crew
- Setting and managing food safety procedures
- Cleaning up the galley after meals
- Necessary chef qualifications
- Lots of experience as a chef, ideally in a luxury hospitality setting
- Technical knowledge
- Ability to create a catered menu
- Excellent food presentation skills
- Complementary wine knowledge is extremely beneficial
- Additional specialisms in baking (e.g. pastry) are beneficial
- Expert knowledge of different cuisines
- Well organised
- Attention to detail
How much does a yacht chef earn?
As an important role onboard a yacht, the chef can earn upwards of 4500 EUR a month.
A chef may not require formal certificates to be employed on a yacht but would require the relevant experience. The following certificates are important to have as a chef:
Food Hygiene courses
Ships Cook Certificate
Access our database of crew and roles
Join our exclusive network of leading candidates and gain access to the best opportunities in the industry. We personally check every profile and every job, ensuring a high quality database for both crew and yacht owners.