Yacht Purser Jobs
The purser is the most senior member of the interior department and responsible for the financial and administrative aspect of running a yacht. They would most likely have extensive experience in the industry as a Chief Stewardess, as well as accounting, communication and computer skills. They would also need to be familiar with ISM and ISPS codes, and may need to speak multiple languages.
- Inventory of interior stores
- Bookkeeping of the yacht
- Overall responsibility for the interior department
- Provisioning for the interior department, sometimes in unison with the Chef
- Yacht administration, including payroll, recruitment, uniforms, and relevant paperwork
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Extensive experience as Chief Stewardess
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office or similar packages (e.g. Google Docs), in particular with spreadsheets
- Connoisseur of wines
- Management skills
How much does a yacht purser earn?
Pursers have one of the most well paid jobs on the yacht as they have a high level of responsibility and experience. Salaries would tend to start at 6000 EUR per month.
Pursers will require a strong background in yachting as a Chief Steward(ess) and also a background in administration and accounting. There are also beneficial courses associated with this role such as accounting & budgeting.
Access our database of crew and jobs
Join our exclusive network of leading candidates and gain access to the best opportunities in the industry. We personally check every profile and every job, ensuring a high quality database for both crew and yacht owners.